"Neumann Goretti was the best decision we, as a family, have ever made."
Saints Neumann Goretti had the highest response rate among all high schools on the 2018 Archdiocesan Parent Survey.
Parents rated SNG above the Archdiocesan average in all eight categories,
with top scores in Catholic Identity, Technology Integration, and Communication/Responsiveness.
We are a Catholic community serving a diverse student population. God enables us to educate through care grounded in faith. Through a rigorous and varied course of study each individual is presented with the necessary tools to succeed as lifelong learners. We provide a safe, nurturing, and challenging environment to prepare our students for college, career, and beyond as conscientious world citizens.
GROUNDED IN FAITH
All students take four years of Theology, perform community service, and participate in regular prayer, liturgies and retreats. We welcome students of all faiths to learn and grow as SNG Saints!
Chromebooks provided to all students
Math & English extension courses as part of 9th grade curriculum
10+ Advanced Placement courses offered in class and online.
College courses through Neumann University and Manor College
Kaplan SAT Prep offered to all juniors
Free Peer tutoring after school through the National Honor Society
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Clubs & Activities
Ambassadors, Art, Community Service, Culinary, Cultural Diversity, Dance, Debate, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Student Council, Yearbook and more!
120+ Member Orchestra/ Choir
Four year Fine Arts curriculum in Choir, Orchestra and Studio Art. Instruments and lessons provided to all interested students at no cost. Largest Orchestra in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
15 Varsity Sports
Boys: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Indoor Track & Field, Outdoor Track & Field
Girls: Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Indoor Track & Field, Outdoor Track & Field, Volleyball
2017-18 Athletic Championships
CATHOLIC LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
- Girls Outdoor Track & Field
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Indoor Track & Field
- Girls Outdoor Track & Field
CLASS OF 2018
Some of the colleges and universities where the class of 2018 will continue their studies:
Would recommend Saints Neumann Gorretti to others
$20 million +
College Acceptance Rate
In the annual Archdiocesan parent survey, Neumann Goretti parents responded more favorably than other high school parents on more than 75% of the survey items.
We engage our students and teachers in surveys two times per year and use the data to assist in making decisions about the school.
Neumann-Goretti has been recognized by Catholic Relief Services as a silver level Global High School.
Since 2015, Neumann Goretti received more than $500,000 in grants, which support academic programs and teacher development, from the Philadelphia School Partnership and the Connelly Foundation.
faculty and staff with or pursuing advanced degrees
in grant funding for ongoing faculty development
STUDENT ACADEMIC OUTCOMES
- Our students demonstrated significant growth on the national PSAT assessment. Our 10th and 11th graders’ average score on the reading and writing portion of the PSAT improved by 16% from fall 2016 to fall 2017.
- During the 2016-17 school year, Neumann Goretti students made significant gains in math, reading, and writing on the national MAP assessment.
> Ninth graders improved their reading scores at nearly twice the average rate of growth for students across the country.
> In math and writing, 9th graders also improved their scores at a higher rate than the national average.
> The percentage of 10th graders who performed at or above grade level in writing improved by 11%.
- Since the spring of 2015, Neumann Goretti has partnered with TNTP, a national non-profit founded by teachers nearly twenty years ago to support its school transformation efforts.
- Through this partnership, TNTP visits every Neumann-Goretti faculty member’s classroom in the fall and spring, rating the lesson they observe on a rigorous rubric for instructional quality.
> The number of teachers receiving one of the top 2 ratings (out of 5) on the student engagement section of the rubric has tripled since the spring of 2015.
> The number of teachers receiving one of the top 3 ratings (out of 5 possible ratings) on the rigorous academic content section of the rubric has doubled since the spring of 2015.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING...
FAMILIES SAY . . .
Since surveys began last year, the percentage of family members who report they agree with the following increased by double digits.
- I am satisfied with the atmosphere for learning at the school.
- The school makes me aware of the financial aid process.
- I am satisfied with the facilities and operations at my son or daughters school.
- I agree that faculty and staff help students learn from their mistakes and overcome their challenges.
Families rated Neumann Goretti more favorably than family members of students in other Archdiocese of Philadelphia high schools on more than 75% of survey questions.
STUDENTS SAY . . .
Students who report that they agree with the following has increased by nearly 20% since survey collection began in 2015.
- Teachers make me explain my answers.
- Teachers give me challenging work in class.
- Teachers have high expectations for me.
FACULTY & STAFF SAY ...
Faculty members who indicate that they agree with the following statements doubled since survey collection began in 2015:
- My school is a good place to teach and learn.
- School leaders promote a safe and productive learning environment in my school.
- Teachers at my school share a common vision of what effective teaching looks like.
Faculty members who indicate they agree with the following statements tripled:
- Across my school, there are consistent expectations and consequences for student behavior.
- Professional development opportunities at my school are well planned and facilitated.
- My school implements a rigorous academic curriculum.