During the 19-20 school year over 20% of Neumann Goretti upperclassmen are engaged in college level course work through the partnerships and programs detailed below.
Diocesan Scholars – pull from the old course catalog and show me and we can revise. Three Seniors are each taking 3-4 dual enrollment courses on LaSalle’s campus for the 19-20 school year. Some examples of classes they are taking include (see Gen).
LaSalle Transformation Scholars
High-achieving rising Juniors are encouraged to apply in the winter for their Sophomore year for the LaSalle Transformation Scholars Program. This program has 20 seats city-wide with 10 seats reserved for first generation college students. Accepted students will take two college courses (one in the Fall Semester and one in the Spring Semester) on LaSalle’s campus for dual enrollment credit. Eight (8) Saints Neumann Goretti Juniors were accepted into the program for the 19-20 school year. Examples of courses being taken are (see Gen). LaSalle University requires a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, i.e. a minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA and no history of serious discipline issues. The courses are free of charge except for books. To learn more about this program visit www.lasalle.edu/
initiative/ . In addition to GPA and conduct record, the Administration will take into consideration PSAT scores, cumulative class rank, and performance in Honors and Advanced Placement course when advising interested students regarding their applications.
College Credit Only
LaSalle Summer Scholars
- Rising juniors and seniors have the opportunity to earn college credit (ONLY – please note this is not dual enrollment) during a special summer session comprised of only high school students on La Salle’s campus. Courses, textbooks, and lunches will be provided free of charge to accepted students.
- Summer classes take place during an accelerated seven week session on La Salle’s campus. Courses typically will run from 9:00 am -12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays; additionally, each student will commit to a weekly career and college preparatory session typically from 1-2:30 p.m. on either Tuesday or Thursday. Because of the accelerated nature of this program, students applying for this program MUST certify their ability to attend the entire program. Students who are – for any reason – planning more than one absence are highly discouraged from applying to this program.
- Students must have at least a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale , i.e. a minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA and no history of serious discipline issues.
- In addition to GPA and conduct record, the Administration will take into consideration PSAT scores, and performance in Honors and Advanced Placement courses when advising interested students regarding their applications.
- Thirteen (13) Saints Neumann Goretti students participated in this program in Summer 2019; Courses taken included Introduction to Creative Writing, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Criminal Justice, and Pandemics
- To learn more about this program visit www.lasalle.edu/admissions/higher-education-initiative/ .
Drexel High School Scholars Program
Rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with a minimum PSAT score of 1200 are invited to apply to this program. In addition, the Administration will take into consideration GPA, cumulative class rank, and performance in Honors and Advanced Placement course when advising interested students regarding their applications. Students who are accepted and begin in the summer following their 9th grade year can earn up to 39 college credits before beginning college. For more information, please visit drexel.edu/
Congratulations to Class of 2022 accepted student, Nicholas Barbi, who is taking (he just told me…I forget!…shoot him an email if you want to include)