Advancement Plans for 2020-2021
Our Alumni Stimulus Assistance Plan (ASAP) appeal has received $340,000 in donations from generous alumni, donors, and other partners. As we explore new and exciting ways to generate much-needed funding for Neumann Goretti, we’ve identified several initiatives to help sustain the school’s mission to provide academic excellence for our students, with a strong Catholic identity, for South Philadelphia:
- On-premises fundraiser with student participation – The Advancement Office will institute an inclusive effort to showcase the talents of our students, and raise money at the same time. The NG Wall of Money involves displaying 200 envelopes, in amounts from $1-$200 each, in a highly visible, high-traffic part of the school. We would ask our art students to creatively design the envelopes and add their names to them. Over time, parents, teachers, staff, and visitors would choose an envelope, remove it, and donate the amount of money on the envelope by taking it to the main office. Together, we can raise $20,100 for a specific enhancement or program for Neumann Goretti.
- Virtual sports ticket raffle – We will ask alumni, patrons, families, board members, and more who hold season tickets to the five Philadelphia sports teams (Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, 76ers, Union) to donate tickets to one game to Neumann Goretti. Then, offer them in the Big Card Draw! We’ll have one deck of playing cards, plus the two jokers (54 cards total). Donors will choose which playing card they would like to purchase for $100 each. Once all 54 cards are sold (netting $5,400 for Neumann Goretti), we’ll hold a drawing at school to select the winning card. The winner will receive ALL of the sports tickets as the Grand Prize, to use for themselves or to gift them out to family and friends for birthdays, Christmas gifts, etc.
- Giving Tuesday – Every year, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is recognized as one day of the year to focus on donating to a non-profit organization of your choice. This follows annual Thanksgiving weekend highlights such as Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and now Giving Tuesday. Our goal is to promote this giving opportunity to highlight the good things happening at Neumann Goretti and ask for continued donations to ensure our students’ success.
- End-of-Year Giving – One of the most opportune times to tie in with charitable giving is the last few days of the calendar year. During the Christmas holiday and leading into New Year’s, many have an idea to share their blessings with others. In late December, we’ll be reaching out to our Neumann Goretti constituencies to consider sending a donation before December 31st. This not only helps generate funding for our school but provides the donor with a tax-deductible contribution that they can claim on their 2020 tax return.
- Online college tuition auction – Neumann Goretti is planning a unique, one-of-a-kind virtual fundraiser in the spring of 2021 unlike anything else you’ve ever heard of! More to come in the coming months!
- Annual Appeal – With the success of the ASAP appeal this past spring and summer, our next annual appeal will take place sometime between February and May 2021. The theme hasn’t been determined yet but the plan is to integrate the students as the “spokespeople” for the appeal. With personal reflections from them, the message will resonate even better with our alumni and donors.
Our advancement efforts are constantly evolving in response to this pandemic and this region’s relevant civic and social climate. If you have any questions about our plans, please email Duke Doblick, CFRE, Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Duke directly at 302-757-6095.
Please know that we will be praying for your continued safety and health.